Sunday 29 January 2012

Our Living Room - The Real

So this area behind the chair seems to be a bit of a dumping ground...


For games, 


And apparently the bits of popcorn that are no good for eating.


This table usually has playdough on top of it, 


And papers from colouring underneath.


At any given time the heater will have some washing drying on it. And Ethan will have been practicing a little interior design. Note the unique way he has placed the ornament in the middle of the T.V. screen. Genius! ;) And the car was Ethan's main Christmas present. He and Izzy love it, but it is noisy so it has a curfew. We disconnect the battery between the hours of 6.00pm and 8am. 


The wire for the hubs' x-box is out for easy access, man that thing is long! And if you look closely you can see a nice patch of dust under the telly that the fat duster couldn't get to. So I left it :) It's in case Izzy wants to practice letter formation. Perfect for writing her name, plus she's done her job for the day! Winner!


And finally, this frame has been here over a year now (the one on the floor), waiting for a spray paint and relocation. I'm such a procrastinator. Though I have been pleasantly surprised at the lack of interest it has had from the kids. No smashing of the frame so far...

Hope that speedy tour wasn't too much of a shocker. I'm keen to get on with a quilt for my friend's baby! Once I have a project in my head I can't seem to think of much else, and the squares are all cut up and waiting for me! (Inspiration here.)

So, please tell me I'm not the only one whose kids are able to write their names in the dust? And I now realise that this post also lets you know that I allow my kids to have snacks in the living room. Please don't judge too harshly!

No comments:

Post a Comment