Tuesday 26 July 2011

Getting my organise on!

So I decided to address the issue that has become 'the craft desk'. Note that I didn't say 'my'. I am jealous of those of you that can say that. Although it does mean I have someone else I can blame for this:



Yes it may be a real health and safety issue...

I just thought I'd start with the drawer and then it just spiraled from there.

So i started by clearing out the drawer.


And you can't say housewives don't get compensated for their work...


Yes that's five whole pence!

Then I got a cutlery organiser from Ikea (is there any other way to organise?!), and popped it in nice and clean.


And while I was filling it discovered that I have more foam pads than anyone humanly needs.


I may have found a sale where they were 10p each! Booyah!

Then took some plain file boxes my mother in law had saved from work.


Note that I had to put scrapbook paper on top of them so you could see where they were. They are THAT good at camouflaging with my work top. Useful for when we have burglars who want to steal my top secret craft ideas. But not-so-pretty. So... 




I may love them a little too much...in fact my sister questioned whether I love them more than my kids. (That was an awkward silence...)

I'm so pleased with the end result (apart from the neglect of a fore mentioned children whilst doing this).





Yes that's a rather classy looking Morrisons bag. Filled with cut up ties (pretty sure my husband is aware of this bag...). Okay I'll finish with a prettier picture.


And of course another of the boxes I love so much...


Before                                 After          

And for the record Flash are not sponsoring this post. That's what I was supposed to be using instead of hot gluing paper onto files. 

17 comments:

  1. Very cute organization! Looks so much better! I definitely need to organize my craft room! Stopping by from Tuesdays Treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what an inspiration this post is to me. I have both a messy desk and a messy craft room. I need to do something about both. I love those boxes you decorated, too. You did a fantastic job on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Every time I clean mine the very next day finds it looking like a hurricane blew through it... Here's hoping you keep yours clean ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked after your neglected children! so they werent that neglected! It looks gorgeous! The question is... how long until your craft desk stays tidy clean for???
    Bethxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those boxes are great! Way to repurpose while getting organized. Visiting from Woot Woot Wednesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from What I Made Wednesday. I was just organizing all my craft stuff yesterday, so this was very timely! Cute boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The end result looks fabulous. I should be doing the same thing instead of blogging and browsing the net ;-)

    The embellished file boxes are my favorite part.

    By the way...
    I found your blog through Someday Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I saw your post over at "No Minimalist Here" blog party. You are a good inspiration for me to organize...only my whole house looks like the "before" of your desk. I need to get busy and get neat like you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! I keep trying to get my space organized so I'm always looking to see what others do.
    Emily
    domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. It always looks great when things are organized and your touches made your space special. Thanks for sharing at Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what a difference! It looks great! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the inspiration! I sooo need to organize my space better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute! Thanks for linking and I love your tutorial page too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a great idea..a lessong in recycling, color, organizing, the works..visiting from Saved by Suzy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute and organized. I really need to organize my craft space as well. I would love for you to stop by and link up to More the Merrier Monday. It is open through Wednesday so you have plenty of time to link up. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute and a great organizing before and after! You totally made my heart smile, glad you took back the desk space! :)

    xoxo,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  17. This post caught my eye on the side, You have re-organized well! Im re-organizing my craft storage at the moment, covering boxes in all shapes and sizes in nice paper is the way to go. I picked up some of those plastic pots from Ikea last time I was there, but havent found the spot for hanging them up yet.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete