Thursday 13 October 2011

Bead Necklaces

Just a quick post. I just finished up a few more of the tie refashion necklaces.


I wasn't joking that my husband had a LOT of unused ties. He still has many many more to choose from! (original post and link to tutorial here.)


I'm trying to get a few items made so that I'm not caught out at Christmas time. And if I have some spare they are great to bulk out a gift a little (plus they were completely free!) I used beads from broken and unused necklaces. My sister-in-law gave me these not knowing I make these and I'd just sewn the sides ready for beads! 


I love when things work out perfectly like that. Or maybe people know how cheap I am and have noticed that I reuse everything!

What are you making at the moment? Any great reuse/upcycle ideas? Or anybody else a cheapskate like me? :) (It's just 'cos it's good for the environment, honest!)

3 comments:

  1. Those are so pretty. Thank you so much sharing and for linking up to our party Show and Share this week! Come on back this Wednesday to link up your current projects.

    A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhiannon, great idea. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete