Monday 3 October 2011

Forget-me-not

This last weekend we had the opportunity in our church to listen to our leaders speak. It is always an amazing experience and wonderful that even though I am far away from America, I can still hear their words. 


One speaker in particular I thought shared some beautiful things. He was speaking in a meeting especially for the women, and you don't need to be of any particular faith for the words he said to have an impact on you. 

He said some wonderful things about being a woman, wife and or mother. He reminded me of some of the things I can do to improve myself and my life. 

It made me feel so positive that I wanted to share it with you. 

Here's the link:


I'd love to know your thoughts, or if you don't have time to listen; he spoke about how we should be patient with ourselves. We are not perfect, and that is okay. We are so patient with others' weaknesses and we should give ourselves that same patience. He also spoke about how we shouldn't forget to be happy now. We don't have to wait for a specific event or situation for us to be happy. We can be happy now, with what we have.

I'd love to know what uplifts you and helps you when things are a little (or a lot) rough. What makes you happy now? Regardless of your situation.

Thanks for reading (I know I don't usually blab this much with so few pictures!), so thanks for hanging in there!

3 comments:

  1. What keeps me going now is my grandchildren. When My kid's where younger it was them (3). Now we have 3 little ones that always bring sunshine into our lives. When life gets dark just look into the eyes of a child, they are bright and busy and full of wonder. And always remember to laugh at least once a day. It can be about anything even yourself. Just laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a lovely talk and it really touched me in a way that nothing else has! I hope that everyone else likes it as much as I did! Thank you for sharing this on your blog Rhiannon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so lovely to find a fellow LDS UK based blogger :)
    Have to admit I loved this talk as well
    Zelda

    ReplyDelete