Wednesday 26 October 2011

No Bake Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake





Sounds simple? It totally is! But tastes heavenly.


(Loosley based around this recipe here)


Ingredients:


200g digestive biscuits (Or whatever kind you like, just add a little more/less butter/melted choc)
60g butter
75g dark chocolate
300ml double cream
85g caster sugar
150g white chocolate
250g cream cheese
150g greek yoghurt
50g milk or dark chocolate (for swirling)


1. Bash up all the biscuits until they resemble crumbs.






2. Melt the butter and dark chocolate together, then mix into the biscuit crumbs well. 






3. Press mixture into a buttered cake tin (preferably spring form, but I've used a silicone one before and one with a push out bottom and it work fine, you just need a little extra jiggling). Chill in the fridge.


 
(You actually just need to butter the bottom part, Izzy got a little carried away!)


4. Whisk the cream until it can create peaks when you lift the whisk out. Then stir in the sugar.






5. Melt the white chocolate over some hot water, while it's melting cream the cream cheese and greek yogurt together until smooth.


6. Mix the melted chocolate and cheese mixture together quickly and then stir in the cream.






7. Melt the milk chocolate while you spoon the cheesecake mixture over the base.








8. Swirl in the melted milk chocolate with a knife (I used a spoon, but a knife would have worked better) till you get pretty swirls. Make sure the top is even with the back of a spoon.








9. Chill for four hours (though I'm not sure I've ever waited that long/been that organised), pop out of the cake tin, divide and eat!






Incidentally, this is the same mixture I used in the individual cheesecakes with edible cases, my first ever blog post!




Hope you enjoy.


I'd love to see any of your own versions!

1 comment:

  1. YUM!!! That looks so good and so easy. I'm scared to make it though because I know I would eat the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete