Tuesday 26 June 2012

Birth stats coasters (from old tiles)


I mentioned a little while back that I was able to pick up some old tiles for cheap. 

I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them!


I mod podged on a square of dark blue tissue paper, let it dry, then added a light blue sheet of tissue paper. I didn't mind about a few wrinkles as I thought it was a cool effect.


Once they were dry I stamped on my granddad's birth date and later sealed it with two or three layers of mod podge. 

It didn't take as long as it sounds. I just left them out and did a coat/stamped every day.


And added a square of felt on the bottom with a hot glue gun.


Another gift down, and quite enjoying the challenge of no spend summer!


2 comments:

  1. Perfect! I love this idea! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning to our Pomp Party board!

    Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

    ReplyDelete