Friday 25 February 2011

Getting to know my sewing machine

So I haven't been great with posting recently, but I've been busy I promise! So I got a sewing machine at Christmas and have been working it out, please be kind!

My first project is a new baby present.


And the other side of the taggy blanket toy...


Plus a good way to use up ribbon scraps!

Then I make a pillow for my daughter...


The picture does not do the material justice! Wow that's a terrible photo, but it's straight line stitching still! Hemmed it right sides together and after turning it, stuffing it and closed the hole. Then I stitched an inch from the edge all the way around. Like an oxford pillow case?

Anyway I'm still very much at the learning stage, I'm currently working on some pj bottoms for my daughter. But I'll keep you posted hoever it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment