Monday 19 November 2012

five chalkboard paint projects; with just one small can

It's no secret that I love chalkboard paint. 



I've used it for loads of projects, and my can has nearly run out. But when I got it out last week I realised that it really was a tiny can, like the smallest you can get. Yet it's lasted me a LOT of projects. Here's what I was able to do with just one can (click on the image to get the how to):



I've made two of these, and they make great teacher gifts too!



This one took two coats of paint, but I did it right at the beginning of the year, and it still looks as good as new. Plus we still use it as an extra kid table when we have people over for dinner.



This chalkboard frame is still a favourite with the kids.



This wood sucked up a LOT of paint, took more than two coats to get good coverage. (it was cheap wood!) Saw it a few weeks ago at my brother's house and it's holding up well. (they were using it as a game's score board)



I've done lots of these chalk lids for different gifts and supplies. 

That's a lot of chalkboard, and I still have some left. Enough for maybe a few coasters. And some labels...

Not bad for a tiny tin!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool ideas! I have a tin of chalkboard paint sitting in my garage. I have ideas, but need to break it out! By the way, I nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award. Check out more details here: http://theturquoisehome.blogspot.com/2012/12/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete