Monday 14 May 2012

"I (heart) You" Framed Fingerprints Art

My mum's birthday was today. 




I made all of her presents this year. Which is more about having more confidence than time. I really love making gifts for people (I'll always find time!), but have never had the confidence to just give them things I've made. 

The homemade thing was always an "extra" so that if they thought it was rubbish they still had a "proper" gift too. But because of people getting gifts being so sweet, and of course people on this blog, my confidence has grown a little. And I feel okay about giving things I've made. 

Especially to my mum! ;)



This frame was last minute. Izzy wanted to make something for her grandma. I already had everything I needed and it took less than 10 minutes!

I just stamped the words and inked the kids thumbs and it was done. Sweet.

Two tips; I would stamp the words second or at least let them dry before you do your kids fingerprints. (our letters got smudged!)

Also I stamped the kids' fingerprints on a scrap of paper a couple of times first so that the lines on their print stood out more.


Here it is on top of my mum's piano. Along with a sneak peak of one of her other gifts...

Anyone else done some fingerprint art? I'm kinda loving it! I want one too :)

9 comments:

  1. They are really cute! I love the stamps too -where did you get them from? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! I got them from the outlet in York, The Paper Mill Shop, but it closed down. You can get similar sets in loads of craft places...or ebay of course! ;)

      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30-MINI-WOOD-MOUNTED-RUBBER-ALPHABET-STAMPS-Lowercase-Set-Aa-/251062602194?pt=UK_Crafts_RubberStamping_RL&hash=item3a747f49d2#ht_667wt_952

      Here's some similar ones. I need a new set as I've lost my 't' now!

      Delete
    2. Wait! Just found (and bought) the exact ones. no.14 on this listing:

      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140627602296#ht_1359wt_952

      Delete
  2. That fingerprint art is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rhiannon! Will invest in some..

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning to our Pomp Party board!

    Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw that is darling!! I have got to have my kids do this for my mom's birthday! Super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Let me know how it turns out! I'd love to see it. It's so simple, but so meaningful for grandparents/dads/aunts/uncles etc!

      Delete
  6. Hey just wanted to let you know this will be featured tomorrow at http://thewinthropchronicles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete