Sunday 22 April 2012

Make Your Own Flynn Rider Bag!



For those not in the know/not in possession of a little girl. Here's Flynn Rider (from "Tangled", Disney's Rapunzel):


This is also the sign that went near the bags at Izzy's party. They had sweets inside and were the party favour for the boys.

So here's how I made them....


Sorry for the rubbish pics, I had to use my phone!

I made four of the bags, not sure why only three are pictures here...make the piece double the length you want and the width you want plus an inch or so. 

Luckily my MIL gave me an old leather skirt she thought I might like to upcycle (she knows me so well!), I still have enough for making some baby booties in the future too!


Fold it in half, right sides together, and sew up the sides leaving the top open.


Back stitch in the open ends (at the top) to make sure it wont come undone later.


Open up the bag, fold the side down onto the bottom of the bag to form a triangle bottom and sew across an inch up. Repeat on the other side.


Cut the corners off. You now have a bottom to your bag!


(Turned inside-out.)

Then cut a length of your fabric for the strap. I used my tape measure as a pretend strap on Izzy to see how long it needed to be, and made it about 2 inches wide. 



Sew it into the sides of the bag.



Measure the width and depth of your bag and cut out a piece of fabric.


Sew it onto the back of your bag and let it flap over the other side...


It should look something like this.

I then just finished mine off by rounding the edges and hot gluing on a button.


And of course filled them with sweets, okay three chews. I may be a little stingy. 

Luckily two of the boys couldn't make it to the party, so Ethan and Izzy were able to get one each too!


Andy calls it his messenger bag.


And Ethan loves it! 

It may seem like a lot of steps, but I was just thorough! I made four of these in under an hour and a half. 

Let me know if you give it a go! 

The girls' headband party favours are here.


10 comments:

  1. What a fab idea - you're children are so lucky to have a mummy like you who throws them such great parties :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt either of my kids would say that! But thanks :) I like them, and Ethan loves his!

      Delete
  2. Those are AWESOME photos! Can't believe what a gorgeous project you created.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane! My daughter's room seems to get the best lighting ;) I'm thinking I could do an adult sized one too!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing this great idea with us at The Sunday Round Up.
    Rose
    @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these! I rather fancy one for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could just make the pieces bigger! I want one for myself too :) Let me know if you do one!

      Delete
  5. What a great bag--thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an awesome bag! I love it! Good job! Thanks so much for sharing this as well at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally Perfect!!! I'd love to have you share at my party...it JUST opened!!!

    http://www.itsoverflowing.com/2012/04/overflowing-with-creativity-19.html

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete