Friday 21 September 2012

Chic and free craft storage


I started a work from home job last week. 

It's been kind of crazy. Props to any mums who work, and just mums in general really! I've done a few hours a week for a while. But sixteen plus hours a week is seeming like a lot to me, mostly because I'm doing it all after the kids are in bed, which is normally my blogging time (I know first world problems!), so this is why I've been gone. Just wanted to let you know, as I people have asked.

Anyway, this is one of the gifts I've made for someone...I can't say who because she's been known to read my blog! But this would work great for your own personal stash too.


Simply paint an old jar lid with chalkboard paint.


And fill with your prettiest craft supplies. You could change this up ANY way you wanted. Fill with food for your dad, sweets for a teen, nail varnish for a sister and loads more! What would you put in yours? Any ideas I can steal? ;)

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that I'm following you! What a brilliant, easy idea. Much better that using a Sharpie and having to cross it out. Thanks so much for sharing!

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Katie! I've been making a few ready for Christmas too, the only problem is where to display them all!

      Delete
  2. That is great. Anyone would be thrilled to get that as a gift. I am visiting from Twigg studios link. I know what you say about working. I do 12-16 hours at the moment and I do not want to do any more than that!!! It is a juggle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's kind of good to know that I'm not alone! And I'm glad you think so, making gifts for people always has me more nervous than buying!

      Delete
  3. Wow! This is so smart! And so chic...
    Good thinking. I better get busy cleaning up my sewing room..... It needs it!

    Crystelle
    http://www.crystelleboutique.com/

    ReplyDelete